Shannon practices exclusively with Family Law at Pratt, Jensen & Grisham. In 2013 Shannon was presented with the Up and Coming Award by the Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly. This award is given annually to lawyers demonstrating excellence in the legal profession and in their commitment to their communities. This award recognizes lawyers with an extraordinary commitment to justice, service to the legal profession and exceptional volunteerism. She was also the recipient of the 2008-2009 Cambridge Who’s Who recognition.
Shannon grew up in Memphis, Tennessee. She graduated from Evangel University with a Bachelor of Science degree. Shannon earned her Juris Doctorate from The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law.
Shannon’s practice emphasizes a focus in the area of family law which includes, divorce, modifications, paternity actions, adoptions, guardianships and appellate work.
Shannon is a member of the Missouri Bar and the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, along with the SMBA Family Law Committee and the Missouri Bar Family Law Committee. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, and a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), as well as the Missouri chapter of the AFCC.
Shannon is a frequent lecturer on Family Law. She is currently serving as co-chairman of the Missouri Bar’s Family Law Conference. Shannon also serves as a member of the Missouri Bar Family Law Guardian Ad Litem training committee and serves as a frequent lecturer for Guardian Ad Litem training. She served as the 2012 Chair of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Family Law Committee. Shannon also served as the Missouri Bar Family Law Newsletter editor.
In addition, she served on the Board of Directors of Cherish Kids, an organization that serves to raise awareness for the needs of foster children and adoption. She has served as a volunteer speaker for the Pregnancy Care Center. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of MARCH Mediation. She was named Boss of the Year by the Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals in 2012.
Shannon’s husband is brilliantly creative and their son is an adorable bundle of energy.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2005
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award, in the Study of Copyright (spring 2005)
- Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri
- B.S. - 1999
- Major: Biology
- Guardian Ad Litem training CLE, Missouri Bar, 2012 - Present
- Annual Family Law Update , Missouri Bar
- Custody and Parenting Plans, Missouri Bar , 2013 - Present
- Guardian Ad Litem Ethics, Joplin Bar Association , 2014
- How Do you Get from TPR to Adoption , 2013
- Age Appropriate Parenting Plans , Springfield Metropolitan Bar , 2014
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Up & Coming Award - Missouri Lawyers' Weekly
- Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals, Boss of the Year , 2012
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section Newsletter editor - Winter edition
- Cambridge Who's Who, 2008 - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Member
- Missouri Bar, Family Law Committee; Family Law Conference Planning Committee 2012-2014, Co-chair 2013-2014; GAL Section member , 2005 - Present
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section member , 2005 - Present
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association member
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law and Juvenile Law Committees, 2005 - Present
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division and Family Law Committee
Pro Bono Activities
- MARCH Mediation, Board Member
- Pregnancy and the Law - Pregnancy Care Center, 2008 - Present
- Cherish Kids, 2010 - Present
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity