E-mail MeShannon Grisham
Shannon is a native of Memphis, Tennessee. She attended Evangel University, graduating in 1999 with a Bachelor of Science degree. She obtained her law degree at The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law. While in law school, she was a Member Phi Alpha Delta, McKellar Chapter and recipient of University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the Study of Copyright, Spring 2005.
In 2005, Shannon was admitted to practice before Missouri state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
In 2013, she was presented the Up and Coming Award by Missouri Lawyer's Weekly. She was the recipient of the 2008-2009 Cambridge Who’s Who. Shannon is a member of the Missouri Bar, Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association along with the SMBA Family Law Committee and Juvenile Law Committee. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division Family Law Committee, and a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), as well as the Missouri chapter of the AFCC.
Shannon is a frequent lecturer on family and juvenile law for the Missouri Bar and the local bar associations. She is currently serving as an editor of the Missouri Bar Family Law Section Newsletter and 2012 Chair of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Family Law Committee. She is a member of the Missouri Bar Family Law Planning Committee for 2012 Guardian Ad Litem training and speaker for said training. In addition, she has served as board member of Cherish Kids since 2010, an organization that serves to raise awareness for the needs of foster children and adoption.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2005
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri
- B.S. - 1999
- Major: Biology
- Guardian Ad Litem training CLE, Missouri Bar, 2012 - Present
- Lectures on Family and Juvenile law CLE topics, Missouri Bar and local bar associations
Honors and Awards
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section Newsletter editor - Winter edition
- Cambridge Who's Who, 2008 - 2009
- 2013 Up & Coming Award - Missouri Lawyers' Weekly
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar, Family Law Committe; Family Law Conference Planning Committee; GAL Section member, 2005 - Present
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law and Juvenile Law Committees, 2005 - Present
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division and Family Law Committee
Pro Bono Activities
- Pregnancy and the Law - Pregnancy Care Center, 2008 - Present
- Cherish Kids