E-mail MeSusan S. Jensen
Susan practices exclusively in Family Law at Pratt and Jensen. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2008. In 2014, Susan received the Roger P. Krumm Family Law Award from the Missouri Bar. This award is given annually to a family law lawyer who has demonstrated an exceptional degree of competence, skill, integrity, commitment, and dedication toward the improvement and advancement of the practice of family law and the children and families involved in family law matters.
Susan received the 2012 Women's Justice Award for Litigation Practitioner of the Year from Missouri Lawyer's Weekly. She has been named a SuperLawyer in the field of Family Law by Law and Politics since 2008. Susan received the David J. Dixon Award for Appellate Advocacy from The Missouri Bar in 1999.
Susan grew up in Springfield, Missouri. She graduated with a B.A. in Communication, Cum Laude, from William Jewell College. Susan earned her Juris Doctorate with distinction from the University of Iowa College of law.
Susan is a frequent lecturer on Family Law. She is currently the Chair of the Missouri Bar Family Law Section and the Treasurer for the Missouri Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Susan was previously the Springfield representative to the Missouri Bar Family Law Section from 2005 to 2012. Susan is currently a member of the Board of Directors for the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association.
Susan is a volunteer speaker for The Pregnancy Care Center in Springfield. She was a participant in Leadership Springfield Class XIX with the Springfield Chamber of Commerce. Susan served on the board, including a term as president, for the Ozarks Literacy Council. She was named Boss of the Year by the Springfield Area Legal Support Professionals in 2009.
Susan's husband is also an attorney in Springfield. They keep busy with two children and a menagerie of animals.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1993
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: With Distinction
- Law Review: Journal of Corporation Law, Note and Comment Editor, 1992 - 1993
- William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri
- B.A. cum laude - 1990
- Major: Communications
- Annual Update - Family Law, Missouri Bar, 2002 - Present
- Maintenance Issues Facing Divorcing Clients, Missouri Bar, 2012 - Present
- Maintenance Basics, Missouri Bar, 2009 - Present
- Form 14 Basics, Missouri Bar, 2009 - 2012
- Modification of Maintenance, Missouri Bar, 2008
- Family Law Update, Springfield Bar Association, 2002 - Present
- Parenting Plans, Missouri Bar, 2007 - 2010
- Drafting Appellate Briefs, Missouri Bar, 2006
- Calculating Child Support, Missouri Bar, 2003
- Motion Practice in Appellate Court, Missouri Bar , 2003
Honors and Awards
- 2012 Women's Justice Award - Litigation Practitioner of the Year, 2012 - Present
- Super Lawyer in the field of family law, 2008 - 2014
- 2014 Roger P. Krumm Family Law Award - Missouri Bar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2008 - Present
- The Missouri Bar, Member, 1993 - Present
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 1995 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Missouri Court of Appeals – Southern District, Law Clerk to the Honorable Nancy Steffen Rahmeyer, 2001 - 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Pregnancy Care Center Speaker- Parents and the Law, 2005 - Present